In honor of National S’mores Day On August 10th I’ve done up a couple of recipes to show my admiration for the beloved dessert. The first one is a s’mores bite and here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 bag of large marshmallows.
- Some dipping chocolate (unless you want to temper your own in which case the descriptor of “easy” goes out the window).
- 1 box crushed up graham crackers.
- Some sandwich picks for dipping the shmallows.
- Parchment lined sheet pan.
What you do:
- Melt the dipping chocolate in a double boiler so you don’t burn the chocolate. That would make it taste bad and mess up the texture.
- Stick sandwich picks in the tops of the marshmallows. Dip marshmallows in the chocolate up to the top.
- Shake off excess chocolate and roll in graham crumb. Set on parchment lined sheet pan to set.
- You can refrigerate to speed up the process.
- I took out the picks but you can leave them in for easy snacking!
S’more #2 is a food monster and slightly more involved. You’ll also need a fryer for this one. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chocolate chip cookies. I bought mine from Costco but you can use your preferred go to.
- Marshmallow fluff.
- Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Funnel cake mix (also use pancake or waffle mix) just add water until it is slightly thicker than an Alfredo sauce.
- 1 box of crushed up graham crackers.
What you do:
- First mix your batter because once the sandwich is made, you need to act fast as the fluff tends to run given the time to do so. So mix just slightly thicker than an Alfredo sauce. You just need something for the crumbs to adhere to.
- Make the sandwich. Lay out both cookies bottom up and put a dollop of marshmallow fluff in the center of each one. Take the Reese’s peanut butter cup and press it straight into the center of the fluff. Slap the other half of that cookie on top to complete your sandwich.
- Dip that thing in the batter and drain the excess. Then roll it in the crumb. Keep turning it over, pressing the crumb into all the crevices and repeat until it is well coated.
- Fry that bitch @350 degrees F for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Watch the color.
- Wait 5 minutes. Can you do it? Cut that bad boy in half, pull apart slowly, ejaculate and enjoy!